Starting as soon as possible, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Lecturer, responsible for teaching functional skills to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 16 to 19 years.
This Birmingham based College is looking for a dedicated Functional skills English and Mathematics Teacher who can develop ideas for lessons and approaches to teaching. You will be working within an inclusive learning environment that develops well-rounded, confident, and responsible individuals who aspire to achieve, learn, and grow.
An energetic, hands-on teaching style is needed to explain things to classes that consist of pupils of different experiences and abilities with clarity and enthusiasm, presenting information in an accessible way, demonstrating not just what, but also why and how.
To be a good fit for a Lecturer role you need to be:
- Knowledgeable and resourceful.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Inspiring and hands-on.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and confident.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) / Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills Status (QTLS)
- Previous experience teaching Functional skills English and Mathematics Level 1-2.
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x references to cover the last 2 years of your employment and / or academic history
- Available to start as soon as possible
With your considerable subject knowledge and experience of teaching pupil's aged 16 to 19 years, you will be an asset to this College in Birmingham. So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted