Starting on ASAP, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Secondary Teacher, responsible for teaching Design Technology to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
This Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary Academy school in North Yorkshire, is an inclusive learning environment that develops well-rounded, confident and responsible individuals who aspire to achieve, learn and grow. At its heart is the core value of mutual respect.
You will play a key role in engaging and helping each pupil to achieve their potential combining your knowledge of learning and teaching strategies with your passion for making Design Technology understandable and exciting.
As a Secondary Teacher you will have:
* Sound knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and the ability to design lessons, courses and projects.
* A dedication to creating the best conditions and environment for learning and developing skills.
* A desire to bring out the best in others and ensure they have the motivation to work towards achieving their potential.
* The ability to communicate with, engage and inspire pupils.
* The ability to hold a pupil's interest and encourage them to be excited about learning and their future prospects.
* A dedicated interest in subject enhancement and learning.
* The ability to work well with others and autonomously.
* A flexible and open to change attitude.
* A positive and ambitious outlook and the ability to inspire this in others.
* A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in sometimes stressful situations.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* A positive outlook and ability to inspire positivity in others.
* The ability to use a computer and the primary office software packages competently, including [Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.]
This is an excellent opportunity to join the teaching faculty at an Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary Academy school in North Yorkshire and refine your teaching skills. You will be gaining extraordinary experience in applying a wide range of teaching methods, aids and approaches to bring out the best in every pupil. Apply today.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted