Starting ASAP, this is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Cover Supervisor to join our supply teaching Team to work in Leeds secondary schools. This opportunity will provide you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
You will be expected to cover classes whilst their teacher is absent - lessons are always pre-planned. You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
As a Cover Supervisor you will need to have:
* Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment
* A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
* Sound understanding of child development and learning.
* The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
* A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
* The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
* Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
* The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
* The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
* The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
* The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
* Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
* Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
* An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
Additionally you will need to have:
* 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
* Previous teaching support experience with children within the secondary age range
* Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all of the traits that make you a great fit.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted