Starting from May half term, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the support team at an outstanding Secondary SEND school in Manchester.
The school caters for students aged 11 to 19 who have severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple disabilities, autism and some have additional complex behaviours.
You will be working closely with class Teachers to plan the lesson and create innovative ways to ensure a supportive, creative learning environment where pupils can expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
To be successful for this Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment
- Experience in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to monitor a pupils response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in childrens education.
So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted