Starting as soon as possible, this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at Ofsted rated SEND School in Leeds. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
This Ofsted rated SEND School in Leeds, is an inclusive and progressive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to want to learn. At its heart is the core value of providing each child with the tools they need to succeed and become engaged in learning.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant (TA) at this Ofsted rated SEND school in Leeds, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting pupils aged 3 to 19 of all different abilities.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
· Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
· The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
· A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
· The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils needs.
· Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
· The ability to monitor a pupils response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
· The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
· The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
· The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
· Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
· Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
· An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
· Empathetic and compassionate
· Well-presented and professional
· Positive and motivational.
· Supportive and understanding.
· Trustworthy and ethical.
· Assertive and confident.
· Flexible and resourceful.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will:
· Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
· Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
· Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
· Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
· Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
· Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
· Promote self-esteem and independence.
· Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
· Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupils work.
· Assist with planning learning activities and undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, typing, and filing as needed.
· Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
· Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
· Support the use of computer technology in learning activities and develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
· Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
· Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
· Accompany teaching staff and pupils on extra-curricular visits, school trips and after school activities, taking responsibility for a group of pupils under the Teachers supervision when needed.
· 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
· Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
With your knowledge and experience of supporting children, some with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and some without, you will be an asset to this Ofsted rated SEND school in Leeds. So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted