Starting July 2021, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced School Business Manager to join the Strategic Leadership Team, to ensure effective practices in management and administration across the school.
An Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary Academy in Birmingham is looking for an experienced School Business Manager on a full-time permanent basis from July 2021.
You will be working within a high achieving secondary Academy that aims to provide students with an outstanding educational experience. The opportunities for the successful candidate to develop and grow their own career further are there for all to see. You will need to be independent and innovative, working with very high levels of autonomy alongside the Trust and the Leadership Team.
As a School Business Manager, you will be:
- Responsible for Finance and Accounting, facilities, and premises management
- Managing ICT, Business, and support services
- Innovative and creative
- Committed to modelling the highest professional standards
- Have presence and be a visible and approachable leader
- A team player who builds upon the strengths of those around you
- Share the Schools ethos of valuing every individual
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- Substantial experience as a School Business Manager
- Hold a certificate in Business Management
- Strong understanding of school finance systems
- Proven success and experience in managing a staff team within an office environment
- Effective organisational and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of using School based computer systems including SIMs
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x references to cover the last 2 years of your employment and / or academic history
- Available to start July 2021
In return, we can offer you:
- A key leadership role in a forward-thinking Academy
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Creative and hard-working staff, who have a strong sense of commitment to the Academy, its vision, and its students.
- Excellent professional development and career progression
- A well-resourced Academy with excellent facilities
- A supportive Governing Body
- An Academy committed to doing its utmost to maximise students progress
The role will have responsibilities that reflect the strengths and qualities of the successful candidate. If you have an absolute commitment to teamwork, sharing ideas, improving standards and can transform vision into reality, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted