Cover Supervisors are currently needed for local Leeds secondary schools. We are currently working with a number of secondary schools in the Leeds Local Authority, and due to demand need to recruit a number of diverse cover supervisors to cover KS3 and KS4 lessons at local secondary schools. Lessons are pre-planned, and you will be required to go into school and cover the lessons at quite short notice.
If you feel like you could be dedicated to ensuring every child receives a first-class education and achieves their full potential, this type of role will suit you.
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a post position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
Some of your duties will be to:
- Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Assist with planning learning activities and undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, typing, and filing as needed.
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Support the use of computer technology in learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils, including before and after school and at lunchtime/break periods.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on extra-curricular visits, school trips and after school activities, taking responsibility for a group of pupils under the Teacher's supervision when needed.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils alongside other support staff during the first day of a class Teachers' absence.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all of the traits that make you a great fit.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted