Celsian Education are working with numerous secondary schools in the Coventry area who are seeking Cover Supervisors and graduates who are looking to take the...
Calling Graduates/ Behaviour Mentors in the Smiths Wood, Chelmsley Wood and North Solihull areas
Celsian Education are working with numerous secondary schools in the area who are seeking graduates/ Behaviour Mentors who are looking to take the next step in to a teaching career. Cover supervisors are often highly qualified. Many schools specify a degree as a minimum educational requirement and require recent relevant experience working with secondary aged pupils in an educational setting. Cover supervisor jobs offer a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
Cover supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining teachers' non contact periods. They have now become a permanent role in the majority of secondary schools, covering an absent teacher for reasons that include sickness, timetabled non contact time and time off for courses.
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
What do you need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work around various Secondary schools in and around the North Solihull areas.
We also offer FREE training to help and support you on your way to being an effective Cover Supervisor.
To find out more please contact Louise at Celsian Education on 0121 633 4698 or send your CV
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.