TA | LSA | Literacy & Numeracy Support | LeicesterCelsian Education is currently recruiting Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to support Primary School pupils...
Experienced SEN TA | Leicester | Leicestershire
Celsian Education is currently recruiting SEN Teaching Assistants to work on a supply basis in various SEN schools across Leicestershire and the surrounding areas.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be working with children who need additional support, or require an advanced learning programme to aid them in reaching their full potential. An essential part of this role is being able to identify the needs of your pupils, and creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for them.
The role of an SEN Teaching Assistant involves:
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring pupils are able to use equipment and materials provided
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc.
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with Class Teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the Class Teacher or SENCO
- Supporting Teachers in effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies.
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support pupils
We are looking for Qualified Teaching Assistant (Level 2 and above) who have experience in a Special Education setting so, if you have the relevant qualification, and experience working with:
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD)
- Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Physical Disabilities
- Sensory Impairments
- Communication Difficulties.
We'd love to hear from you.
Being an SEN Teaching Assistant can be very challenging, but it is also incredibly rewarding, so if you would like the opportunity to make a difference to young people, who really need your support, apply today!
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.